silly person RETURNS to workshop!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Yes, you read correctly!! I am back :D

More of a parole rather than complete freedom.

Remember THIS?

Now that one of the digits is out of bandages, I have official permission to undertake "light duties" provided I wear a ridiculously huge and inflexible thick leather glove to protect the bad finger :roll: Boy, it's good to be back even taking it easy :lol: 8)

I managed to answer a question that has been on my mind for a year or-so and am pretty chuffed with the results of my playing. See here for more

I also managed to clear out junk from the workshop to facilitate Rat mounting.

Ere why you post this twice then

You living up to your name eh

Bean

Forum has been playing up something chronic tonight and I am in shock too after 5 weeks of enforced inactivity, it is GREAT to be back :D

Tony":3bzetfwd said:
Yes, you read correctly!! I am back :D

Ah, you were talking about you?!? :D

For a second there I thought you meant me - I, too, got into the workshop for a couple of hours this week. First time this year :roll:

Glad you're recovering Tony. Take it easy, but take it!

Tony":3o2vc7wy said:
Just the question of using a certain router table again 8-[
I guess it is going to take a little time to get in the groove and tackle those dados again Tony:)

In all my years involved with a shop containing some big time bandsaws we never had a mishap, but you would not believe how much hand clearance my new acquisition is getting since reading about your digital modifications in the workshop.

Hi - as an ex teacher I had to do a machining H&S course some years ago and if remember correctly, delicate pink bits should come no closer than 400mm to a rotating blade, tho' I could be wrong - please correct me if I am. Having said that, I heard of a guy using a Dominion dimension saw with sliding carriage who was doing repetitive, routine stuff and who had a momentary lapse of concentration. The next thing he cut off was his entire left hand.

CHJ":1u71advt said:
I guess it is going to take a little time to get in the groove and tackle those dados again Tony:)

Chas, don't you mean a little time for Tony NOT to get the groove into him? :wink:

Tony, have you used the router table yet or are you treating it like a live grenade (I know I would)? Would you believe my own table is still unfinished until I can use my router without shaking (nothing to do with your mishap but to do with trying to do my yearly morphine rebalancing).

Hi Neo

Yep, used it today (with lovely plasitc pads) without incident. Happy bunny this evening with 4 hours play time behind me :D

Glad you're back in the saddle Tony, and confident again. I missed your previous post - I just caught up with the accident - ouch! Nearly happened to me on a router table, I fumbled a 12 inch length I was grooving and dropped it between the cutter and the fence. The cutter launched the workpiece along the table like a missile and it hit the side of the shed so hard it split two shiplap boards. Glad I wasn't actually holding it at the time.

Latest posts

Back