Shelves

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapper

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all, The old Dutch and I are both in our mid eighties, actually I'm on on up side to the nineties and with a couple of health issues I'm not up to doing much more than fiddling in the workshop these days.

With a bit financial help from our two great kids we've had an old fire breast taken down and a log burner fitted. Having now lost the mantle shelf where the clock went and and good ladies bits and pieces, she's wanting to have a series of short shelves each side of the fire and a recommended distance away from it.

In effect she wants, 6 shelves 2 at 300mm and 4 at 450mm long by 170mm deep making 3 each side and it would be great to have these in oak but I guess if not maybe teak or some other hard wood. My question is, where would I source these at a fair price or could a fellow member produce these for us?

Greatly appreciate any help or advice.

Hi there sapper- I’ve had some decent hardwood off eBay - just try searching for hardwood off cuts /job lots and you will find all kinds and sizes of hardwood. I don’t know much about log burners but I assume you have some type of instruction manual with it that should explain the clearances to combustible surfaces .the 450x 170 ( you don’t give a thickness) will cost a fair bit in postage but some sellers include the postage ( read the descriptions carefully) failing that you could consider reclaimed timber or timber merchant near you . Good luck 🤞

Latest posts

Back