SHAVING WITH A CAMPING KNIFE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always use my block plane, with a bit of Nivea shaving cream works a treat, mind you I've knocked a few teeth out.
I have to be a bit careful when i go the whole hog... back, sack and crack

uh oh, this is how it all started last time :shock:... got me into all sorts of trouble

This thread takes me back to when I was a lad of 5, I used to watch my grandad shaving, he was an ex merchant seaman who ran away from home and joined the merchant navy at the age of 14, he lived in one of the prefabbed asbestos built bungalows for lowly payed council staff in Reading at the time (they have since been demolished due to HSE) anyway, he would release his braces, unbutton his collar and fill the basin with warm water and salt!!! then he would proceed to screw his razor together with a "5 0clock" blade which had fingers on the edges of the razor body, and when he shaved, you could ACTUALLY HEAR the blade cutting, they were good old boys in those days, he also had a trunk at the bottom of his bed which he brought back from his travels which contained all sorts of things that a lad would be interested in, I loved sleeping over with them, my nan was blind, but by george could she cook some chips, and we think WE have it hard.

Rich.

Block planes are for girls Doc, well, hairy ones anyway. I use a chisel plane and that's only if the surform isn't to hand

Hi,

I am going to turn my head upside down, then I will have a full head of hair and no need to shave :wink:

Pete

Mike Garnham":18nqal91 said:
Sissies!!!!

You belt the whiskers in with a mallet, and chew them off inside!

Mike

Mallet's are for soft southerners :roll: , we use sledge hammers. :p

I prefer to use the belt sander with an 80 grit belt, then to impress the ladies, splash on a bit of Nitromoors.

:lol:

Piggy

Back