Sedgwick TA315 lowering the blade?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve A

Reaction score
Hi all, just bought above saw, as this is my first real table saw don't really know how these things work, I downloaded the manual but it may as well be in Greek,the problem I have is that the rise and fall hand wheel is Very stiff and the blade only lowers 3/4 of the way, is it dirt that's stopping it or is it a built in safety feature any advise please
Steve A
It's an old blue 3phase model

Hi Steve, I use the TA450 which should be similar. Above the tilting wheel (at the front on mine) is a locking handle, it's obscured under the tabletop. Try slackening it off & try again, if not it's a strip down & clean.

Common problem on these models is that..

Sawdust and resin gets in the the long lead screw- if poor dust extraction has been used it causes the prob to be seen much quicker.

It is unlikely that spraying the screw with lubricant will help much, you need to wind the screw right out of the casting, clean the cast piece and the screw and put it back together. It will then work unbelievably smoothly. This problem also happens on the sedgwick planers on the the thicknesser rise and fall.

The screw and corresponding cast piece are very tightly engineered, fantastic quality, but not too tolerant to muck!

Back