Second Hand Car Recommendations? Estate?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Adam - if we had the money to spend again we wouldn't get a Volvo V40 this time, it's like a reverse Tardis, looks roomy but 2 parents and 16/17 year old kids seem to fill it up, we've just bought a mitsubishi colt and that feels bigger than the V40... still it's be off to the breakers in the next few years, then i can get my hands on that Grandis i saw in the main dealers....

jim

Another tip on the subject of buying a motor car is to phone the previous owner. (details in service booklet etc)

I did this in an audi garage and it turned out that the car had been in a very bad acccident and nearly written off. Salesman siad he had no idea!

When I bought the missus car I phoned again and this time got the thumbs up from the previous owner. He even told me what the garage had given for the car as a trade in so I could calculate their profit :)

most previous owners will help because they are interested in knowing what becomes of there former cars.

Esc.

I can recommend a Rover 75 estate.

I bought mine shortly after the collapse of Rover, and got a two year old top-of-the-range motor, leather seats, electric everything, 2L diesel for £6k :shock:

And it is a great car! The later ones have the BMW engines, good for 200k and very economical - I get 48 to 50 mpg out of it, and I can get loads of stuff into it.

My last service cost me £87, and no problem getting consumables.

Another Berlingo fan here. With 3 proper seats in the back I can get 3 child car seats in there with ease. And yes the load spare is enormous. I can even get the twin pushchair in there without folding it!

The berlingo of course is identical to the Peugeot Partner.

Andy

Back