Scrolling a US Marshall badge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tenko

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm an avid collector and reader of paperback westerns from the 1970's. I recently visited one of the writers and would like to send him an Xmas present worked on my scrollsaw. So far, I've done a few practice cuts and would consider myself quite low skill wise. I've discovered how to put words into Circles and ovals using Word and want to accompany this with a scrolled Marshall's badge which has 6 points accompanied by little circles on the end of each point.

I intend using a simple compass to draw the circles so will have the centre, does anyone know a simple way of using the compass to divide the circumference into six ?

Mick.

Mike,

Six is the easy one, draw your circle and then mark where you want the first point. Take your compass, still set at the radius of the circle and put it spike in your mark, use it to mark two points on the circle, these are the next points of your star, just move the compass round to get the others marked.

Back