scary but what an experience !!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

les chicken

Established Member
Reaction score
No car swmbo pinched it to go to work, hers is in the car hospital. Unable to get any bits for project, so time to tidy the workshop :roll:

My workshop is 32ft long by 9ft wide a bit of a tunnel with a 6ft x 3ft window at the far end. I am working to the one side of this putting some shelves up. ALL OF A SUDDEN THERE IS A WHOOSH A CRASH AS SOMETHING SMASHES INTO THE WINDOW, frightened the **** out of me.

Floundering around on the bench a half dazed Sparrow Hawk not looking to happy trying to find it's way out. I do not know who was more surprised me or the bird, panic what to do. :shock: :shock:

Eventually with some gloves and a large piece of cloth over it's head managed to gently catch it. I held it for a while to give it chance to calm down, those big Yellow eyes staring at me. :shock: :lol: I could hear it panting above my own beating heart. Took it outside and gently threw it up in the air and it zoomed of into the nearby woods.

Sorry to rant on but what an experience, there is a feather stuck to the window and marks from it's talons.

Les

Nick

You are now top of the list, your co-ordinates have been noted by my mate MR HAWK. Us birds stick together.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Les

Makes me glad that I have no windows on the workshop :lol:

What an experience Les

Good thing you didn't have your fingers close to a running power tool when that happened! No work shop scares like that for me. I've only had the wild beasties run in front of my van. Stuff like owls, wild turkeys, deer, coyote's, and the odd neighborhood kid!

Latest posts

Back