Royal Mail - going the extra distance

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
I take my hat off to the Good Samaritan in the Edinburgh Sorting Office. My elderly mother sent my sister a Christmas card with cheque enclosed. Just the envelope reached my sister.

My mother has just got her cheque back in the post as some kind soul at the Sorting Office found it and tracked down my mother's address.

So to whoever it was =D> =D>

I filled in a Customer Service form on the Royal Mail site to thank them. The web page came back with 'Sorry to hear of your complaint'....sad really this implies that the only time the public seem to write in is to moan.

It is nice to hear of them getting something correct for a change.

At the moment I am waiting for 2 deliveries that were sent to me on 24 hour track & trace on the 29th December, they are in the Peterborough sorting office but no one can find them. That is on top of my SS which was sent weeks ago and I have still not recieved it.

john

Not sure why they did it, but a couple about 100 yards down the road posted us a Christmas card on 13 December. We got it on 29 Dec. Our postie (who is marvellous) did say the local sorting office was in complete chaos, but I'd love to know where the card had been.

Back