Router Sled & Setup for MFT

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Padster

Established Member
Reaction score
So it's that time of year when I need to make the girls (wife & daughter) pressies ready for Christmas. They usual choose some wood on our way back from Devon or Cornwall at Yandles. Well this year my daughter chose a slab of apple wood, pretty thick but a pronounced bow, and way too big for my thicknesser so I needed to make a jig... watched a few ideas on you tube and this is what I came up with.
Made from primarily 25mm MDF, then some 4" x 2" that I've modified to attach to 'dogs' on my home made MFT...
Fairly simple but it does the job although makes a helluva mess :ROFLMAO:

IMG_2684.jpeg

Regards

Padster

You might have been better off cutting it in two so it can be put through the thicknesser and then just putting it back together.
@Spectric you aren't wrong but....

This is the 'other half' has some great grain and may end up a coffee table for us.
Daughters 'half' has live edges and few holes that will probably end up getting coloured resin in but she didn't want it cutting!

Cos otherwise putting it through the thicknesser would be quicker but at least now I have the capability when needed in the future and it was a fun experiment, if not a back aching one!

Padster

Latest posts

Back