Record Vice dimensions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulO

Established Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about including a tail vice in my new bench. I want to make sure that the tail vice will fit in without interfering with the structure.

I have the dimensions for the 10 1/2" (T53) vice, as that is what I have as my main vice (well, aside from alcohol and gambling).

Could someone please measure their 9" (T52 1/2) and 7" (T52) vice?

The critical dimension I am after is from the clamping face of the fixed jaw to the back of the screw/guides, when in the closed position.

If you post your measurements could you let me know if it is the plain version or the quick release. Although I wouldn't have thought it would make much difference to that dimension.

Thanks for your help.

Paul, for the late model 52 1/2 E I have, that dimension is 470mm (18 1/2" in old money)

Hope this helps.

Hi Paul,

My 52D (QR) is 10" and the 52D (plain) is just under 10". The two are of a slightly different design, in that the QR has a plate joining the ends of the slide bars whereas the plain one doesn't (which probably accounts for the slightly shorter length).

Hope this helps

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Back