Quiet Sun & A 'public thanks' to Mike G & Kityuser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenx

Established Member
Reaction score
Siorrachd Obar Dheathain , ALBA & Now Botesd
Reently, We'd been having a discussion where the subject of the Sun was part of what was talked about, and how its 'expanding' etc could be possibly having an effect on the world's temperature and if it could perhaps contribute to any warming of the planet ..

Just wanted to publicly thank Mike Garnham ... a day or so back, there was a little article on the radio, which I caught only about half of,.. saying the sun was 'unusually calm' ( not chucking out solar storms etc ), and had been in that state for an comparitively extended period.

I was sorry I'd not caught the whole article on the radio at the time...
Mike must have read my mind, because he very kindly did a bit of digging and then sent me some details about it, which he'd found online..
This was very good of him, and I'm delighted he took the time and trouble to do that, completely off his own back. - Thanks Mike . :D

You can see the info here :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8008473.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7327393.stm

Makes interesting reading...

Haven't mentioned it to 'revisit' the discussion , more just to thank him for passing it on, and to make it "visible" to other interested parties.
8) :D

On the subject of thanking people ... Steve ( kityuser ) Copied & sent me some DVD's on guitar related matters ! ... again, completely off his own back and a wonderful gesture.. excellent ! Both my son and I will get a big benefit from this,... I can't thank you enough Steve.

.. And Martin -- I've not forgotten YOUR CD's from me ... I need to get new blanks as the Tesco ones I have don't seem to like "copying to" from my I-Tunes ! ( will do this in the next day ) :wink: :lol: :lol:

Jenx":gcguj2m4 said:
On the subject of thanking people ... Steve ( kityuser ) Copied & sent me some DVD's on guitar related matters ! ... again, completely off his own back and a wonderful gesture.. excellent ! Both my son and I will get a big benefit from this,... I can't thank you enough Steve.

of course, um.... my own stuff, no copyright issues here :wink:

you are of course more than welcome.

Steve

Back