quality workwear

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I myself have worn pretty much every brand out there, even carrharts fleece-lined duck cotton work pants back when they were affordable, before they got fashionable. They don't even sell them in the UK anymore :(

I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem with engelbert strauss if you're below 5' 9"

The problem with engelbert strauss is they are mail order only so you have to buy before you try and there's no sizing guide on their website.

Ryanmybike":3jny5yh7 said:
I myself have worn pretty much every brand out there, even carrharts fleece-lined duck cotton work pants back when they were affordable, before they got fashionable. They don't even sell them in the UK anymore :(

I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem with engelbert strauss if you're below 5' 9"

The problem with engelbert strauss is they are mail order only so you have to buy before you try and there's no sizing guide on their website.

All of their stuff is European sizes. A 36" waist for example is a 96 in EU talk and their regular leg length is our 31"-32". So for a 36"/32" pair of trousers you'd order a 96R.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Well that's a BIG problem for me I'm 6'2''. Tried Dickies and they have a reasonable offering at £25 but sadly 32" leg only.

Tried Arborware but as mentioned not cheap.

Long johns here I come.

Mr_P":2b279xxv said:
Thanks for the suggestions.

Well that's a BIG problem for me I'm 6'2''. Tried Dickies and they have a reasonable offering at £25 but sadly 32" leg only.

Tried Arborware but as mentioned not cheap.

Long johns here I come.

Engelbert Strauss do up to a 36" leg on some items :mrgreen:

Hi Melikuk and welcome. Although this thread is over 2 years old, I appreciate your contribution. I've just had a look at their stuff and it look OK.

pswallace":10qqp1tk said:
I wear strauss bib and brace and think they are great,they also do broad fit foot wear which are great too. 'Great company to deal with would def' recomend them.

Thanks for that mention, my carhaart bib & braces have begun to shrink to the point I'll have to loose weight (also a thing I need to do) to continue fitting them.

The bib doesn't look like it wraps fully round the body, do you still find it provides a reasonable barrier to the ingress of shavings and general crud to the waistband (or am I the only person who has this issue?)

Edit: I had a good giggle at the OTT "male models at work" photoshoot with immaculate gear on... It's pretty artistically done compared to ARCO, Swift and Donside's advertising. I personally prefer Roots' take on advertising workware by offering prizes for photos sent in by real users, usually looking grimey and doing something with purpose, yet still well taken.

We've recently given up on strauss stuff, it seems to fall apart too quickly. The boots we were having were awful - only lasted a couple of months!

Back