Powercraft Pillar Drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krysstel

Established Member
Reaction score
PowerCraft here supply aldi and do some fairly good stuff for the price. I'd get it, looks to be a solid bit of kit. I think all the tools are manufactured in China etc now except for a few!

Looks quite similar to mine, which is a cheapy too. I think as long as it is going to be used solely for drilling (ie not mortising) then you should be ok. The main thing is, of course, that the chuck travels true on its way down (if you get me). As said; mine is ok, and for the 40 odd quid it cost (2nd hand) it has got me out of a few scrapes.

Chems is probly right; go for it if you need one.

HTH

Neil

I have a couple of powercraft tools from Aldi, but all mine have plates stating that they were made in Austria.

for what they cost, I would have been happy with Chinese, but the quality seems much better, and I cannot fault the finish, or the end product.

Oh, and 3 years warranty as well.

My sliding mitre saw (with laser) cost me £39.99.

When I need better I will upgrade, but until then....

I have one of those blue Aldi 'Powercraft' benchtop pillar drills also. I've had it for 4 or 5 years now I'd imagine and its still going strong. It hasnt gotten 'that' much use, but when I do use it its fine.

I made up a larger table with an adjustable fence for it also that helps immensly, well worth making!

102_1477.jpg

Thanks for the replies.
Obviously I should have moved a bit quicker because the damn thing's sold !

Probably not much comfort, but went into a local ALDI today (in Nottingham) and they were in stock.

Carraige would be a bit steep to Norway though.

Latest posts

Back