Power Consumption

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andycktm

Established Member
Reaction score
After reading the interesting post about remote switching,i called into or local maplin's and bought the single one for £10 2000watt switching.Great for the vacuum.
Whilst i was there i also bought the gadget that plugs in the mains and measure's various things,volt's e.t.c.
I tried in on a few things ryobi 1150 router which showed.... 150watts on speed 1 200watts on speed 2 (no load) load added about 50 watts.370watt morticer around 200 watts (no load)although this was a few day's ago so the figures are only from memory.
Most electrical gear less than 10 watts on stand by,including the xbox360 which has a power supply as big as an house brick!!
I did notice the 1000w earlex vacuum took 1200 watts(filter some what blocked i must add!).
Although not much use interesting seeing the results.

I bought one of those last week -- very interesting- been going round the house finding out where my electric is getting wasted!! havnt tried my tools yet cos they are going to get used whatever lol

mike

Back