Plywood lidded pot.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Pinson

Established Member
Reaction score
Plywood lidded box with wood from an old chopping board, Resin lid with an ebonized Walnut finial.
20190711_201236.jpg

I like the pot, but I am not a fan of finials and for me the lid without that would be better. Just a personal preference though. I like the idea of using old and possibly binable bits. It has always appealed to me.

What ever, that is a lovely bit of work Adam. I have turned several bowls and a few pens using ply and found it very dusty and takes the edge off of tools quicker than you can say it. Did you find the same thing Adam?

I like the pot, but I am not a fan of finials and for me the lid without that would be better. Just a personal preference though. I like the idea of using old and possibly binable bits. It has always appealed to me.

What ever, that is a lovely bit of work Adam. I have turned several bowls and a few pens using ply and found it very dusty and takes the edge off of tools quicker than you can say it. Did you find the same thing Adam?
Hi John, it does indeed seem to blunt tools quickly, like cutting paper with scissors... saying that i'm having a hard time putting a decent edge on any of my tools at the moment due to not having a decent sharpening system, i look forward one day to change that..... cheers

Back