• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pillar Drill, Atlas Craftsman, Derby, eBay starting price £9.99

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold for £32 so someone got a bargain.
Look at the seller's feedback, the buyer left a comment. Looks like the seller backed out of the deal when he didn't get the desired price. It seem quite common machine tools go for a pittance because carriage is so problematic, as a result you effectively reduce the market significantly to people locally.

Had that in my favour a couple of months ago, picked up a Diamond fretsaw for £130. Seller admitted he had no idea what it was worth. I said to my mind he got a fair price, it's not a bargain but not a rip off either. But... if we had been in London and not 250 miles away he could have got double, simply because there are so many more potential buyers.

Look at the seller's feedback, the buyer left a comment. Looks like the seller backed out of the deal when he didn't get the desired price. It seem quite common machine tools go for a pittance because carriage is so problematic, as a result you effectively reduce the market significantly to people locally.

Had that in my favour a couple of months ago, picked up a Diamond fretsaw for £130. Seller admitted he had no idea what it was worth. I said to my mind he got a fair price, it's not a bargain but not a rip off either. But... if we had been in London and not 250 miles away he could have got double, simply because there are so many more potential buyers.
Well spotted.

Back