Original late Victorian wrought iron gates, scrappy or . . .

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcusthehat

Established Member
Reaction score
As in, since I suspect they are wrought iron, or blacksmith iron as I would have called it, is the metal likely to be of interest to any blacksmith types?
Before I weigh them in at the scrappy.
I am not looking to "make money" rather find the iron a better home than the smelter.
The house was built in the very early 1900's, and I can only imagine the gates are the original ones.
Plus the way the stubs behaved under the sledge as I bashed them down out of harm's way(the swinging posts were fabricated out of angle iron)
Sorry no photos. And I would have sworn I had taken multiple images.
Marcus

Pics,

received_1342895852951444.jpeg

received_908535787019446.jpeg

As in, since I suspect they are wrought iron, or blacksmith iron as I would have called it, is the metal likely to be of interest to any blacksmith types?
Before I weigh them in at the scrappy.
I am not looking to "make money" rather find the iron a better home than the smelter.
The house was built in the very early 1900's, and I can only imagine the gates are the original ones.
Plus the way the stubs behaved under the sledge as I bashed them down out of harm's way(the swinging posts were fabricated out of angle iron)
Sorry no photos. And I would have sworn I had taken multiple images.
Marcus
If it is proper wrought iron its worth a lot more than scrap metal price. There's a chap in Texas with a huge amount of wrought anchor chain, every so often he sells a few links and asks (and gets) silly money for it.

Dont scrap them, real wrought iron is sought after. Any decent blacksmith or reclaim yard would have those off you for more than you would get for scrap.

Back