Old age catching up....personal alarms!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lastminute

Established Member
Reaction score
Having recently had a fall, luckily no injuries, (my mobile was out of reach) my family are pleased I've finally agreed to wearing one of these gadgets!

Any advice/information would be most welcome.

Thankyou

Gerry

just keep taking the tablets........

My wife makes me carry a mobile around all the time.....
Often, we speak during the day....is lunch ready, more T m;lady.....hahaha....

Seriously my Defib pacemaker has saved my life 5 times now.....
So she just keeps an eye on me.....
If she phone's I must watch where the camera/backround is pointing, she's caught me out a few times.....
B awkward tho if I wanna get the ladders out.....
Dodgy jobs are que'd for Friday when she's out shopping all day........lol....

just take care Gerry n the rest of you..............

Council usually have a service supplying them. Ask your surgery.
^^^^^ This ^^^^^

My Dad had one, peace of mind for everyone when he agreed and it worked surprisingly well.

I’m not quite there yet, but I’ll have no issues if or when the time comes.

Go for it (y)

My Apple Watch asks me if I had a fall, usually when I bump something. If I don't let it know I didn't fall it will call 911. Not a cheap goodie but at least it has other useful functions.

Pete

I got an elderly lady setup with a council supplied alarm, it also has a fall detecting , and because she lives in a very large garden area - 7acres - plus 15acre of woods, the necklace part is on a mobile cell network and when she did fall over in the garden , she was helped by a neighbour , the try the voice box, then phone, then phone a neighbour you have assigned and then the ambulance - that was before covid - so things may have changed

Not sure if you have landline , as her and my neighbours work via a landline - but thats all changing as open reach are going to digital only cutoff dec2025 (then landline will be connect via a router - VOIP - i have just had to change the landline over , when i renewed the contract ) , so i suspect its all changing -
But give the council a call

Another option is to buy an "Alexa" Dot. Assuming you have Broadband and another family member has Broadband and a Dot, you can easily set up a link between the two devices. If you do take a fall or are incapacitated, simply say "Alexa call ******". Ok, it won't cover all situations, but is also handy for non-emergency use.

I had need some time back and may have asked for help on this forum.
I purchased a £15.00 call alerter from Wireless Caregiver Pager Smart Call System 1 To 1 Call 694079323100 | eBay.
My lady has difficulty in using her mobile phone at the best of times, accordingly I needed a simple procedure for her to call me.

Cost was not the most important factor BUT some of the costs when you want something for "elderly person" is prohibitive sometimes spelt "excessive, gouging, manipulative" etc etc.

The unit allows my wife to call me when I am in the garden or workshop but not if I am (rarely) sitting in my car.
She and I have agreed it will only be used for emergency use; not to tell me that she has made me a cup of tea.
The major failing is that it does not have voice communicator.

Attachments

• Personal alerter 2023.jpg
    Personal alerter 2023.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 0
Back