Nilfisk Multi II hose handle - removable or works okay with sander?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sofaman

Reaction score
Looking at the Nilfisk Multi II for diy and power tools - the hose end has a large plastic bit permanently attached? How do you get on with that attached to something mobile like a sander?

Currently using an old, weak-sucking Dyson with a similar plastic handle that is forever falling out of my tracksaw. Very annoying and I need to get on with some interior sanding using an ETS 150, but cannot justify a Festool dust extractor.

Thats a timely ask.... i have a multi 30. The ends can be unclipped, but it'll weaken it after a while.
Id actually recommended buying the centec adaptors kit and swapping the end to that setup.

On a side note, my multi has had an intermittent power button problem since i got it ( about 8 months ago )
It sometimes wont switch on. A quick shake and off it goes, so a loose connection is probably the issue.
I bought a titan as a spare an emailed nilfisk asking for the nearest repair centre for a fix. After a few back n forths they told me theyd sent out a replacement and i could do whatever i want with the original. I didntvwant to take the head off in case it invalidated the warranty, but i can go ahead now and see what tye ussue is..... and now ive ended up with 3 site hoovers 🤣

Something highly mobile like a sander, buy the mirka tapered anti static hose.
It's the lightest most flexy hose out next to the latest (but heavier) festool braided hose. It's also very good value, esp. for an antistatic hose.
It works fine with a whole lot of non mirka tools.

I tend to use the nilfisk hose that came with my vac for general clean up, the festool flex hose for such as the tracksaw (mafell) but always switch to the mirka hose for sanding

I replaced my 30T hose with a Festool antistatic one much better but pricy.

Thanks all - plenty of hose options post-purchase if I don't get on with the basic hose. centec has air relief valves, so I guess the Nilfisk not having variable speed for sanding won't be an issue.

Back