New yankee workshop- freeview

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColeyS1

Established Member
Reaction score
Kind of hinted from another thread but the 'new yankee workshop' is on quest (freeview) at 2 today. 9 more episodes to follow. Never seen the show before but have read differing opinions. Set to record so might give my thoughts later :ugeek:

Sent from my GT-I9300

Ah, it looks like they're repeats of the last run they had. We had about 50 episodes which were quite enjoyable.

I'm looking forwards to some more. :)

There's a game you can play with Norm's NYW - it's called "spot the hand tool".

In today's episode, I swear I saw him use a hammer to align a joint - but I could be mistaken. You only have to blink and you'll miss it.

If I could have watched that when I was a kid I would have loved it ! I wouldn't have realised about the lack of hand tools till you said :lol: im seriously doubting guards were removed for our benefit. I cringed when he used the skill saw and it binded and he pushed harder. I'll be watching the rest- its interesting watching other people's thought processes. Im wondering whether the whole series will be using that pile of reclaimed pine boards, I hope not

Sent from my GT-I9300

If you watch some of the earlier series you'll see the workshop is no where near as well equipped as the later series :) IIRC correctly you'd see a lack of nail guns, a much smaller table saw/jointer/thicknesser, no spindle sanders etc etc unfortunately you rarely see those on the box :(

Kane":2rocjrm1 said:
If you watch some of the earlier series you'll see the workshop is no where near as well equipped as the later series :) IIRC correctly you'd see a lack of nail guns, a much smaller table saw/jointer/thicknesser, no spindle sanders etc etc unfortunately you rarely see those on the box :(

The early series from around '88 to '93 are on YouTube, the NYW has come a long way since those days...

Is there a problem in not using hand tools????

For the hand toolesr there is the US TV show hosted by Roy Underhill - The woodwrights shop......I think?

Back