New Magazine???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Gibbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. I am having the very first tiny thoughts about starting a new magazine/journal for anyone interested in wood and using wood. This is an early test to see if I can cope with communications and to see if there might be interest.

I want it to be very much word-orientated, rather more about the Why than the How. I suppose the ambition is to support what is available online, with a bit more depth, though it will obviously be published online first until it gets going.

Please, please, please don't call me, text me or email me about this. I am hoping I might be able to wean myself back into the world of wood!!! We will see. I will probably publish it issue by issue, rather than take subs, until I can prove it can work.

Good to see you Nick, how are you?

Glad to see you braving the online world again Nick, hope you find a niche that fits in with your needs.

Definitely interested Nick, good to here your moving in this direction however tentatively, best of luck

Thanks. It is very early days. I have played at launching other mags on other subjects for the last four years, but never got further than designing a cover! The same thing might happen this time, but I do feel better, and now want to challenge myself by taking on a familiar project, of sorts, in a subject I know. I will keep everyone informed, but it might be a while before I have any news. Thanks.

Welcome back Nick. I think the last time I saw you was at Art in Action with some Whirlygigs!
In terms of content, can you expand your “why” and perhaps people can then come back with a few ideas to get you started?
The forum being as it is means that you don’t have to reply and the ideas can just sit there until you’re ready to use them, or not.

Good to hear from you again Nick, glad you're getting back into the wonderful world of woodiness.

Hey, there's a magazine title right there! Okay, perhaps not.

Sounds great Nick, best of luck with "it", and if "it" happens, count me in - as a reader, or even (perish the though) contributor who is still very much at the learning by doing/asking for help stage.

I am sure it would be well received Nick - your approach was always insightful.

I recently had a lady visitor to the workshop who came to thank me for getting her young lad into woodworking. She told me how my wooden glider making at one of my open days set him on his way to a design and technology scholarship and he's now going into further education following his making dream. I was happy to tell her that charismatic woodworker was Nick Gibbs not me :)

You are always welcome back if you want to dip your toe in the woody water.

Cheers

Peter

some anarchistic? LostArt already did John Brown......

Back