Net abrasive in a specific size

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robgul

Barry Bucknell is my hero
Reaction score
I use Abranet abrasives for general woodwork/furniture refurbishment projects and it's great - both the rectangular pads and circular discs - what I'd like to find is a similar "net abrasive" that's available in 110 x 100mm size to fit a hand-held sanding machine I have.

Anyone know what might be available (I'm not averse to cutting something to size if necessary) please ? - note that I'm a low-volume user 10 Abranet discs last for ages!

You do not say if you want plain mesh or velcro-backed.

Sanding materials come in a form factor related to a standard sheet (c.f. gastronorm in catering). Hence, they are commonly available in sheet subdivisions, e.g. 1/2 sheet, 1/3 sheet, 1/4 sheet. The closest to your size is 1/4 sheet at 115mm square, so search for "1/4 sheet mesh sanding". It is also worth searching on "1/2 sheet mesh sanding" as the cost per square metre might be less and I am sure you are qualified to operate a pair of scissiors.

Inter alia, in 1/4 sheet velcro, the DeWalt branded version is abvailable from Toolstation (68394).

If you link to a Toolsation item, it is always worth checking that it is actually available to buy somewhere local to either you or the person for whom you are providing the link.

TS have a bad habit of continuing to list items in their clearance section until the very last item in stock is sold from the very last Toolstation store in the back of beyond. It gives a misleading impression of the items's availability.

If you link to a Toolsation item, it is always worth checking that it is actually available to buy somewhere local to either you or the person for whom you are providing the link.

TS have a bad habit of continuing to list items in their clearance section until the very last item in stock is sold from the very last Toolstation store in the back of beyond. It gives a misleading impression of the items's availability.

Absolutely - the Abranet is listed (at a bait and switch price) but not available anywhere - as suggested TS is notorious for doing this with all manner of products.

Where I live there are Screwfix and Toolstation stores about 1/4 mile apart - the (only) upside at TS is that you get served by a human rather than Screwfix's self-serve check-in to collect stuff ordered.

Back