National Forest Wood Fair

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

If you're at a loss for something to do on Bank Holiday Monday 28th August...

I'll be doing a woodturning demo .... at Beacon hill Country Park, 10:00 am to 5:00pm

Come and say hello!

There are at least 3 other turners doing demos plus many wood related crafts and suppliers... rustic furniture, fine furniture, country chairs and coppice crafts ... and more

Beacon Hill is south of Loughborough near the village of
Woodhouse Eaves and accessible from junct 22 and 23 of the M1

Admission, car parking and programme: adults £5 (£3 concessions)

more info: tel 01509 89 00 48

Heh see you there, it's only about 4 miles from here and I didn't even know it was on! Thanks for the heads up

Dennis
:lol:

It's a pleasure Dennis :wink:

look forward to seeing you on the day... I'll be in the marquee stand MA1

Just got back from the wood fair, wind blown and tired. It was interesting that they managed to present the story of wood from planting to furniture making with demonstrations on forestery, woodcraft, chainsaw carving, turning and boat building plus lots more. SWMBO thought I was very brave having left a tent full of second hand hand tools without buying anything (wait till next time :p) As well as tools for sale there was also lots of timber for sale, oak, ash, beech and walnut seemed to be the most common.

Bean was giving a demonstration on tent building and selling boxes, while Oldsoke was turning those minute lace bobbins (how does he work for long hours at them without going cross eyed? - they are tiny!) I heard that Steve Maskery was around too, but didn't bump into him :(

As good show all round, but windy!

Dennis

Jorden":2bdxjv00 said:
Just got back from the wood fair ... good show all round, but windy!

Sorry Dennis, I think it was something I ate :oops:

Tiring... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz