More motoring problems

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well you really are an angry bunch! :evil:

Seems to me someone or something has made a simple error and I am sure it will simply be put right.

Why all the vitriol?

I work in a very confrontational line of work and if I behaved like you lot are suggesting I wouldn't last long. :roll:

Bring on the revolution. :D

Mick

RogerS":2m6mozl1 said:
Baldhead":2m6mozl1 said:
Thanks for all the advice guys.

We have just logged on to the website which says we can check the details and see the photographic evidence, well it turns out to be a Mercedes van and guess what when you zoom in on the photo you can see the number plate ends in YCX and not YGX (which is the wife's plate), the mounting bolt is black on a yellow plate so the C looks like a G, now my eye site is not great for close up stuff, I wear glasses for reading but even I can see its a C and not a G. Someone at York City Council is going to get a very snotty phone call tomorrow!! The wife's not best pleased.

ANPR cameras may be great but when you get a stupid blind operator taking down the details..........the rest will just read pineapple pineapple pineapple, I think you get the message.

Baldhead

The thing is, baldhead, that there probably was no operator involved in issuing the letter. The way that these ANPR, speed cameras etc work is that they are essentially automated. However, the software algorithm will have a threshold set below which the image is passed to a human for verification. It sounds as if in your case that the C and G were sufficiently close enough that this threshold was not crossed ergo the automated letter.
Sorry Roger but I think your wrong, York City Council say, 'there is a human 'back office' involved in reviewing and processing potential penalty charge notices'.

When I zoomed in on the picture with my iPad, it is obviously a C and not a G, surely York City Council have equipment as good as or even better than my equipment.

If your in the business of fining people you have to be 100% sure, what if my missus had thrown the letter in the bin, how would it have looked if York City Council had taken court action, what would it have cost, simply because someone didn't do their job properly.

Baldhead

Baldhead":29k4rrjg said:
If your in the business of fining people you have to be 100% sure, what if my missus had thrown the letter in the bin, how would it have looked if York City Council had taken court action, what would it have cost, simply because someone didn't do their job properly.
Baldhead

I tend to agree, it's all very well saying someone made amistake but these days no one gets reprimanded and definately not demoted or, heaven forbid, sacked. Life is just too easy for the council (or even the subcontract) staff.

You have both had some stress from this (OK maybe not life threatning but a bit of worry) why should people just forget about that :?: plus you will have to write to the council, that takes time and if you use snail mail a small cost. I quite like the idea of invoicing the council for your time and I would attach a letter and say that your missus is consulting her doctor about stress. OK Not the truth, but then they haven't told you the truth either. Obviously they won't pay your invoice but I like the idea of some one walking around the York City Council offices waving it under the noses of anybody in authority. It's just remotely possible they will do betetr next time :lol:

The missus has had a letter from York City Council saying, on this occasion they are not going to prosecute, but they warn her not to drive in Lendal Bridge Bus Lane between the hours of.............!

Baldhead

Baldhead":1huc5b9h said:
The missus has had a letter from York City Council saying, on this occasion they are not going to prosecute, but they warn her not to drive in Lendal Bridge Bus Lane between the hours of.............!

Baldhead

Incredible! Typical Council though - won't admit they are in the wrong :roll:

Baldhead":1gmo1f34 said:

Baldhead

Tell them to go xxxx up their leg and play with the steam. :-"

Latest posts

Back