Master Crafters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackswanwood

Still Learning
Reaction score
Not sure if this has already been mentioned but if not it may be of interest …

https://heritagecrafts.org.uk/master-cr ... -series-2/

There was an initial series last year hosted by Jim Moir (aka Vic Reeves) who I found irritating but this one benefits from Bill Bailey.

The production flits around and they probably could have done a series on each craft but I guess that might not get the audience numbers needed to make the programme viable.

I did wonder if you would know her Adam - clearly a very skilled craftsperson. The coat of arms at the Royal Observatory she carved is awesome.
She's very good at heraldic shields and hoovers up a lot of the work in London and is also in the livery of the guild which I'm part of and she studied carving at the C&G a few years before me.

We were both awarded our Master crafts certificates at the same time. She's very down to earth, along with being an outstanding craftswoman.

i-pfWwLVc-X5.jpg

She's very good at heraldic shields and hoovers up a lot of the work in London and is also in the livery of the guild which I'm part of and she studied carving at the C&G a few years before me.

We were both awarded our Master crafts certificates at the same time. She's very down to earth, along with being an outstanding craftswoman.

View attachment 163506
You look a lot older than I thought. Who is the young guy also getting a certificate?

Thank you. ^
Odd how you build a picture of someone in you mind based on just what you read. I have always had you down as tall, skinny with a beard and about 30 years old. The age from doing the masters, the beard from your historical interests and tall and skinny from the obvious dynamism and speed of your working.

Back