Lord, send me a good son in law - a little gloat!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n0legs

Established Member
Reaction score
And he did :D

My boy (son in law actually. But we're family now, right?) works for an engineering company up country and the latest job they're on yielded all this lovely timber (softwood), machinery packaging material. This is only half of what he brought down for me, the rest has stayed in the van.
Nominal 3"x 3" at 7'6" long, all clean and dry :D
Some hardwood stillage coming in a few weeks. I've had some of it before, but as yet I haven't identified it.

N0legs out :D

I bet he'll be back to help turn it into something nice too!

Isn't it scandalous the way that useful wood can be so casually thrown away - but very nice when you are on the receiving end.

are the 3x3? (or equivalent) if so, good score, some useful timber there. otherwise, good score, some useful timber there. lol

Ooh, lock that up. Cwmbran is near enough to me. :-D

Lovely score there.

AndyT":29qj8481 said:
I bet he'll be back to help turn it into something nice too!

Isn't it scandalous the way that useful wood can be so casually thrown away - but very nice when you are on the receiving end.

Oh Andy, you should see some of the wasted wood I've seen over the years :cry:
I floored the whole attic in my first house with cable drum battens. One and a quarter inches thick by four and over three foot long, it just got binned unless saved.
Then there's the 25mm ply for switch and transformer cases, all 8x4 or 10x5. There's a few solid sheds been built over the years :lol: Again, unless saved or stored just gets binned.

n0legs":ctw03vhp said:
And he did :D

My boy (son in law actually. But we're family now, right?) works for an engineering company up country and the latest job they're on yielded all this lovely timber (softwood), machinery packaging material. This is only half of what he brought down for me, the rest has stayed in the van.
Nominal 3"x 3" at 7'6" long, all clean and dry :D
Some hardwood stillage coming in a few weeks. I've had some of it before, but as yet I haven't identified it.

N0legs out :D

Didn't he put he away for you?

The lazy little........ :wink:

Back