Long distance refurbishment challenge.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
The frustrations of distance, residing 840miles south of my workshop and only in need of a little TLC to clean up.
Referred to by the local original owner as Russian Made but actually comes from a heavily disputed border town (in the past) of Zittau (Czech: Polish: East German)
DSCN3676.JPG

DSCN3677.JPG

DSCN3678.JPG

DSCN3679.JPG

DSCN3680.JPG

DSCN3681.JPG

DSCN3682.JPG

DSCN3683.JPG

As far as I can tell although abused by previous user it is in good mechanical condition with no detectable play or wear in the essential areas, without the benefit of dial gauges etc. admittedly.
A new coat of paint, a few new unchewed screws and a 4way tool post and a couple of replacement handles and a machine to drool over.

Where's the metal working section? :wink:

Do I detect it is on the Axminster route to machine tools or is that just a personal exploration destination Richard?

Does look like an interesting oldy worldy step back in time location, unfortunately it's 4 1/2 to 5 hrs from me at the moment dependant upon whether I go via Czech republic or stay in Germany or the odd 14 hrs from UK base.

richburrow":1f605kah said:
It looks like a beauty!!!!!!! Any translation issues msg my wife :D
Thanks Richard, despite the previous owners assertions all markings are in German what few there are and it's pretty conventional in operation, not a problem this end.
Mind you had there been a manual for it it could have been interesting as I found out when asked to help Anglicise the Austria/German description for the Magma Blackline Titan 400, technical description and function can be most difficult to interpret.

Back