lock mortiser 513

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveredmond

Reaction score
hi .please help, i have an old (40years +) 513 lock mortiser and the motor is dead , can someone tell me what the replacement router head is and where to buy one , i have tried the 690 model but it wont connect to the base with thanks dave

Hello and welcome to the forum!

By #513 I assume you mean a Sedgewick #513, or am I wrong? Because I don't have any illustrations of that machine do you think you could post a photo of same? The motor should have a makers plate to one side, although with the demise of both Hoover and Brook in the UK it may be difficult to source a direct replacement as Sedgwick now use a metric size motor whereas the older machines were non-metric, so it may be necessary to have the motor rewound (not an uncommon scenario with non-standard sizes or Imperial size frames and flange-mounted motors like you find on morticers).

Scrit

hi sorry , the lock mortiser is porter cable 513 im looking for a replacement router head dave

Ahhhhh...... a Porter-Cable #513. In that case don't they use the same motor (#6902) as the Porter-Cable #691/692/693 series routers? I presume you've tried Porter-Cable UK. One of the problems is that the older fixed-base models aren't CE marked so technically it's illegal to import them. I don't know about the newer 890 series which are supposed to be the same diameter body. That means you'll probably have to import privately. Try someone like International Tool Corp. as they do export sales.

(homer) PS I must be going number blind or something. The Sedgwick is a 5-7-1 #-o Another senior moment?

Scrit

Back