• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Lie Nielsen holdfast

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a feeling you might. Would you like to sell? I'm afraid I want one for all the wrong reasons. I'm assuming they work but they do look much nicer than the local ones which probably work as well as or better. My wife is in the UK from the 22nd for a short week or if it easier and it is in Denmark I assume there would be no duty or tax sending to Italy. That's also assuming I can afford it.

In fact, I actually have four of the aforementioned items and I think it would likely be cheaper to get them to the UK instead of sending stuff to Italy from Denmark. I shall look at it on the morrow.

I'm in no hurry at all, I haven't built the bench yet, but we are rarely in the UK, next time will be Christmas when I have a neighbour driving over.
I have American neighbours who will have family over for Thanksgiving but I'm also hoping they will bring me leg vise workings so I'm trying to get the volume/weight down.
You said they didn't work very well, how bad are they?

I have seen them but I'm a sucker when it comes to looks. By the time I buy a Simon James and bring it back there won't be that much difference. I hope

I'm in no hurry at all, I haven't built the bench yet, but we are rarely in the UK, next time will be Christmas when I have a neighbour driving over.
I have American neighbours who will have family over for Thanksgiving but I'm also hoping they will bring me leg vise workings so I'm trying to get the volume/weight down.
You said they didn't work very well, how bad are they?
They are OK, but they need a good wack to set them. I think they would work a lot better if the shaft was roughened up as it's quite smooth.

I use them on a bench top built with 3 1/2" southern yellow pine and it holds them well. I do like the low profile of them compared with the other types, but holding thin stuff 6mm or less can be a bit tricky, although they work OK with thicker stuff.

I have a friend/neighbour who is driving over from Surrey this Christmas, but it isn't important, I should get the bench done first.

Latest posts

Back