Just trying to keep up!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aldel

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think that I have ever had any exotic or super expensive gloatworthy tool purchases so to trying to gain entry into the outer sanctum I though I would post some piccies of my "super hand- crafted" Canadian saws.

saw1.jpg

saw2.jpg

saw3.jpg

saw4.jpg

saw5.jpg

These are produced by my sister-in-law who lives in Wiseton Saskatchewan.
It is a tiny little community in the middle of nowhere. It is several hours journey to anywhere and no trees or anything really. So what do you do with yourself in winter when it is -40 plus? Well decorate your woodworking tools of course!

Can anyone trump this?!

Definitely ones for the collectors but since there are no trees the saws won't get much use anyway. :lol:

50% + of Saskatchewan is Forest. One of the biggest Forestry industries in Canada - 90,000 Sq. Miles or nearly twice the area of England.

Here endeth the lesson :lol:

Roger":f054xt9l said:
50% + of Saskatchewan is Forest. One of the biggest Forestry industries in Canada - 90,000 Sq. Miles or nearly twice the area of England.

Here endeth the lesson :lol:

The other half has been cut down with those beautiful painted saws. Aldel very nice they are too.

Probably, ooo, 0.0001 of a second before I was stripping of the paint from the top one and sharpening it if they were mine. Mind you I don't much like my sister-in-law... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Does she do this professionally Aldel?

Yes and no.
They have a farm of several thousand acres and a gravel business for the dirt roads. But since the American grain embargo it has been tough to make a living.
As a result the women turn to crafts to earn a crust. Painting, woodworking, pottery, carving, doll making, dress making etc, etc has made the women very creative. Some of the quilt work is incredible. Sarah has just finished creative welding training and produces all sorts from scrap metals

Back