John, George and a Yorkshire miner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

journeyman

Established Member
Reaction score
I did these a few years ago from patterns I made myself (bragging). The miner's pattern is taken from a photo I took of a sculpture at the National mining museum. As an ex miner myself it appealed to me. John Lennon and George Harrison are from pictures I have in various books and magazines. The frames are shop bought as I'm rubbish at making frames. I stack cut 3 x 3mm ply on each one and gave the others away to friends. I used #3 UR blades from Mike. I now use spirals for portraits and have never looked back.
Mick

Attachments

• miner.jpg
    miner.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,480
  • geoge harrison.jpg
    geoge harrison.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,480
  • John lennon.jpg
    John lennon.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,480
Fantastic. =D>
Thanks for posting, it gives real inspiration to scroll saw newbies such as myself.

Thanks for the comments folks.
Vic, I don't know where he hailed from but he was sitting in the conference lobby of the museum when I photographed him. Maybe he was visiting a relative - Lol
Mick

Excellent work. Great detail on the miner.

B.t.w., I wouldn't recommend anyone use UR blades for portrait cutting as they have upward pointing teeth that can chip or brake off delicate areas.

Grahamshed":32oevwbk said:
I cannot imagine who John and George might be but I like the Yorkshire miner :)

Definitely NOT the same John and George I worked with when I was a Yorkshire miner. And as I'm Yorkshire born and bred, I was also a Yorkshire minor. :)

(I was really a welder, but I worked at t'pit just the same.)

Back