Indian Rosewood Bench - plonker!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an Indian Rosewood bench. Actually it's only beech, but it is now the colour of Indian Rosewood, as I've just knocked over a bottle of Colron. It's gone over EVERYTHING, bench, floor, me.

What a plonker. :?

I did that once only it was a yellow ochre pine stain, Ended up looking like i had jaundice :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve Maskery":uxrdi9jo said:
I've just knocked over a bottle of Colron. It's gone over EVERYTHING, bench, floor, me.
So your taking the TV presenting to extremes then, I thought the perma tan was optional! :roll: :wink:

That's the trouble with you arty types, always waving your arms around in these grand flourishing gestures..........Knocking things over.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers, sliver. :wink:

I have done some thing close to that :roll: A few year ago I use to make cue cases (pool cues/ snooker) and did a blue one and did not wear gloves.

I have blue finger nail for a week :roll:

I hope it wears out soon :wink:
Colin

I remember reading an article a few years back about a guy who decided to refinish his light pine floor with a dark mahogany stain. This decision was largely motivated by several large red splotches spread across the newly sanded surface.

He'd caught his hand on a flared bit of metal from the edge sander. It was just a nick (as it wasn't on), but spread enough "patina" that he'd have had to replace several boards.

On the upside, it allowed him to justify purchasing some very nice actual mahogany for other accents around the room... what some people will do to pass the "red face" test on SWMBO purchases.

Thanks, Jim

My sister-in-law had recently asked me to make her a two-tier corner cabinet, with a Teak coloured finish. When the time came to stain it, I decided to use a step-stool to get better access to the top. On the way up them, I caught the lip of the paint kettle, containing a litre of stain, on the edge of the moulding and splashed the stuff all over the place. Strangely, none went onto the cabinet - just the workshop floor, the stool, my work apron, me and my (clean on an hour earlier) white short sleeved polo top. I looked as if I had a bad case of measles!! The stain washed off me, but not out of the polo shirt. Needless to say, I was not in the best books with my other half. Ah well, at least I have an old shirt now when decorating time comes around :lol: :oops:

Back