Incra wonder fence / JessEm Clear Cut Guides

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spectric

Staff member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Quick question that the owner of this table can answer, yes that is you Mike. With the Incra positioner which is attached at the end of the table and overhanging so fixed by just the four screws and using the clearcut guides to apply downward pressure to the work is there any movement in the fence ? It is just something I am pondering whilst looking at my new concept for a new router table setup as normally the fence is held in place much closer to the clearcut guides.

1677415886532.png

I used the router table last night with the JessEm guides. I was concerned about this the first time I used them, but I haven't noticed any deflection in the positioner beam with moderate pressure from the rollers. When I set the roller height, I use just enough pressure to keep the wood from pulling backwards, but still light enough that I can slide it out perpendicular to the fence.

I think the positioner clamp and beam are rigid enough to counter any pressure applied by the JessEm rollers. As a crude experiment just now, I moved the fence to the far edge of the router plate, beyond where it would ever be in normal use. I then pulled up at the center of the fence to the point where I could see it lifting from the table. Without a scale, I can't quantify the substantial amount of force applied, but it was certainly more than the force created by the compression of the rollers and at the pain point on my fingertips.

Thanks Mike I think it is just something that took my attention and I like the clearcut guides as they are very good when puting a moulded edge onto something. That is one down and onto my next part of my new table design as I am looking at a major upgrade, read big expense.

Latest posts

Back