i think i got a bargain

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greggy

Established Member
Reaction score
having received some tuition off russell, i have got my lathe, and officially on the very slippery slope, i have jus picked up a as new fox midi lathe, 1 large sack of blanks and wood, a micro chuck, face plate, and a brand new microclene mc 400 for the total sum of £190.00. please tell me otherwise if its not a bargain. ps the wood is purple hart, and loads of walnut and pen blanks

thanks powertool, thats a releif to know, right then guys i want to turn some pens to start with, but i have read that i will need something with a morse taper, what size morse taper will i need. cheers

Assuming your lathe is the same as this one then it says it has 2MT (morse taper) on the headstock and tailstock.Or you can get a reducer to use 1MT fittings.

And the lathe costs more than you paid for your whole package :wink:

Andrew

thanks powertool, that is the one, i didnt think it was that expensive. now when i work out how to post piccis i will. cheers col

Good buy that one, be aware that the fox midi lathe and the others similar tend to run with hot motors, This is normal for these lathes just ensure you more the shavings away from the motor regularly to help it cool. I have known some cut out after an hour because they got too hot but should be fine if you keep the motor clear of shavings. They are a good little lathe

many thanks for the info russell, and in the next couple of weeks i will see you at the shop :tool:

Back