I hit a dog

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farlsborough

Established Member
Reaction score
A bench dog, with tracksaw on MFT top :mad: I suspected I'd do it at some point, but didn't think it would be so soon (new to MFT/dogs/rails/tracksaw).

Only for a second, and they're alloy, and it's a TCT blade (DeWalt 48T 165mm 2.2 kerf) - still cuts fine. Can someone please tell me they've done the same and kept using the blade without issue, or do I need to write it off as a bad job and drop £50+ on a new blade having used this one for all of a few days? :eek:

I'm trying to reassure myself that Evolution market their TCT blades as multi-purpose for chopping metals too... appreciate their motor speed is lower but hoping that the teeth can withstand a brief challenge with some aluminium...

I use a circ saw with a tct blade to cut thick ally sheet. Don't sweat it. Check for chips and any aluminium sticking to the teeth (just scrape it off) and just be more careful next time :)
Cheers! I’d like to say “it will be never happen again” but that would be tempting fate…

I haven't yet dont the mft/ dog thing, but on ebay they sell plastic ones, so i was either going to get some of them, or make some. ( ive got a variety if dowels available )

TCT goes through aluminium like a hot knife through butter. I do it all the time. If you are really worried, just inspect the teeth of the saw, but even with a chipped tip, they still cut fine. Also check the blade isn't twisted in some way.

Presumably you did this in a workshop not at the roadside. If it was the latter, the Road Traffic Act 1988 S170 applies and you should probably report it to a constable on the grounds that a tracksaw is mechanically propelled.. In this section “animal” means horse, cattle, ass, mule, sheep, pig, goat or dog. - hopefully you didn't injure your ass at the same time.

Maybe you should ring your local police, say you have hit a dog and seek their advice :)

Last edited:
Back