Hug a Hoodie

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not going to make any apologies - it's disgusting behavior and no doubt very upsetting for MrsWoodBloke. It's your absolute right to be able to go about your life without liberties being taken and you've every reason to be disappointed if the police don't seem willing or able to support you.

However.

I don't think I'm being overly contentious when I suggest that what we have here is a divisive social breakdown thing going on. In every day life kids and grown ups don't mix. It's no bleeding wonder kids have trouble valuing society - they play no active part in it, so it can be no suprise when there is precious little opportunity to learn how actions affect people and why. So do we see a popular movement of grown ups with all their resource, experience and grown-uply powers conspiring to involve kids in society? No, we're all too busy watching telly and whinging about it on the Internet.

I remember the good old days, we had carrot as well as stick. Harking back to stick on it's own doesn't earn you this rather embarrassing display of moral triumphalism. I keep hearing far too much posturing talk here and elsewhere about what to do after the event, once the horse has already left the stable so to speak, and most of it amounts to nothing brighter than chasing said steed with sticks.

Blame it on children, the parents, do-gooders (who clearly run the media, turning it pro hoodie in some big PC conspiracy, grow up), the government and, well, anyone as long as we don't have to take a bit of responsibility ourselves for the society of which we are a part.

I don't know about hugging, but you could try showing a bit of backbone and saying hello or helping run a scout group or something. In a word, they're children, you're adults. Bunch of moaning minnies the lot of ya.

Grrr.

Last Saturday, saw white van passenger side neanderthal (not all are like this I know so apologies for the stereotypical association), with his head out of the window sexually harrassing a woman on a bicycle.

Got the number, told West Midlands blue people. They said they could do nothing unless the woman was knocked off her bike or sexually assaulted.

I give in :cry: :x

Mr Jay

I understand what you have said but some of us do are bit to help, I help teach at my Karate club ( Kids ).

I have seen one my the kids making faces with his back to me when I was talking and his mother saw it but laughed :evil:

If that one one of my kids doing that in a class I would have put them straight and told them not to do it, plus it seems to be the same at the schools because when we go to the school.

The teachers thank us for the support that we give them when it comes to are kids behaving in the class ( my son can get distracted some times ).

There is not just one thing that has lead to this but we all have to try to do a bit some where but there is one of the problems as where do you start :?

I hope I can start to see a chance some where as I am not sure what my two kids will have to grow up with ( 8 and 6 ) :(

Two hoodies smashed my car window to steal my snooper gaget. The neighbour shouted at them and they ran off empty handed. Did £1500 worth of damage to door. This was in November. The car is being fixed next week. Protracted dispute with insurance over liability but they agreed to pay in the end.

Police made little effort to catch them, but to be honest there was not much they could do.

I had been down the pub when missus called to explain what had happened so I rushed home to the scene. Agreed to garage car for fingerprints which meant driving it down the road and bobby breath tested me as he knew where I had been! :shock:

I agreed on the basis that if I failed he could not arrest me as I had not yet moved the car. I passed the test so all was ok. Incredible isn't it? :)

Esc.

MrJay":1f1nga3b said:
You teach the little rotters to beat people up! Is that wise?
obviously I salute you really

They have done a test on two groups of kids that where not the best :roll:

It was found that it helped with they behavior and they school work, plus just to make sure that it had worked, they chanced to the second group and it worked with them too.

Some try to play up when I have the class but not for long :twisted:

Was driving into town tonight to get a few beers from JS and drove past where the original incident happened. Some cars were parked on the near side and I had to give way to oncoming traffic as is right and proper to do according to the normal rules of the road. As I pulled into a gap between parked cars to allow a car to pass in the opposite direction, I saw just in time that there were 4 of these kids sitting on the kerbstone (it was impossible to see them as they were so low down) with their legs stuck straight out into the road. I drive a large Landrover Defender....had I hit them :x there would now be 4 kids that would be spending a very long time in wheelchairs - Rob

And you Rob would be facing the courts :( while they of course sue you for everything you've got, all the while aided and encouraged by the media.
You can just see the news editors face, OMG someone has run over four innocent youths, big story. The advertising media will be doubling their adverts for third party compensation in the locality, and every solicitor and hanger on will be trying to get in on the act.

Like I said above - wherever there's a 'them' who can be targetted by the PC brigade & the media they'll be on it in a flash. :evil: :evil:

Latest posts

Back