How highis it going to go?? Stanley N01

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
About a week ago my lad showed me this and asked if I would bid on it for him - at that time it was at 99p

Finishes tonight - How high will it go??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140673590680? ... _2118wt_81

As for James Piggy Bank - it wont stretch to that - well come to that neither will the Bank of Dad

He has now decided to start saving his pocket money for a LN No1 - when he realised they are just shy of £200 said why would I want on old worn one??

I think by the time he has saved enough his hands will be too big to use it!

Anyway - back to the original question - How much is this going to sell for??

Notwithstanding the many ingenious improvements to plane designs that they came up with, Leonard Bailey and Justus Traut will be loved for ever by eBay sellers and old tool dealers the world over. Why? For giving their products simple numbers, so that one day, collectors could obsess over getting a "complete set!"

Dodge":c5nr8537 said:
About a week ago my lad showed me this and asked if I would bid on it for him - at that time it was at 99p

Finishes tonight - How high will it go??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140673590680? ... _2118wt_81

As for James Piggy Bank - it wont stretch to that - well come to that neither will the Bank of Dad

He has now decided to start saving his pocket money for a LN No1 - when he realised they are just shy of £200 said why would I want on old worn one??

I think by the time he has saved enough his hands will be too big to use it!

Anyway - back to the original question - How much is this going to sell for??

Think of it more as a stamp (penny black) than a plane.

See also the thread about the USA made #90J

The early models that LN made were exactly those that were sought after by users, but were rare enough to be sought after by collectors, thus making even a "boutique made" version cost effective for the users - look up the price of an Original Stanley #212!

BugBear

I'm sorry but a good plane is a tool to be used and passed onto younger generations - not an ornament - ornaments should be made out of china and dusted by SWMBO! :mrgreen:

just looked 800 quid with 2 hrs to go. Probably hit a grand then. They do look lovely but I don't need one. Once very nearly bought a Lie bronze no1 though, mainly just to look at, they are a bargain compared to this old Stanley.
And Dodge, your five a day... many years ago wasn't there a computer brand called Apricot? ebay maybe?

condeesteso":38tx4pmy said:
And Dodge, your five a day... many years ago wasn't there a computer brand called Apricot? ebay maybe?

Can't remember that one but bought some Pear Drops today so achieved my Five a Day :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back