Here we go again...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seaco

Established Member
Reaction score
I must get a bigger workshop!!!... why are they never big enough, I'm sure my tools breed?... :oops:

STA70309Medium.jpg

STA70300Medium.jpg

STA70301Medium.jpg

Hi - Seaco - How big is your shop. I like the way you have constructed your bench around the sawbench. A question - there does not seem to be much room to the left of the band saw, how do you cut long piece? What size is the saw

Looks good - no insulation though? Might be a trifling chilly in the middle of January, how's the 'shop heated? - Rob

Looks good - no insulation though? Might be a trifling chilly in the middle of January, how's the 'shop heated? - Rob

Shultzy":ctdmmy6t said:
Hi - Seaco - How big is your shop. I like the way you have constructed your bench around the sawbench. A question - there does not seem to be much room to the left of the band saw, how do you cut long piece? What size is the saw

Hi Shultzy

My workhop is 18ft x 12ft, most things in it are built due to a nesscessity in saving space...

Sorry what you can't see to the left of the bandsaw is double opening doors! The saw is an old Elektra Beckum I bought about 6 months ago for £150 I needed to do a bit of work on it and replace a couple of bearings but it seems to be working fine now. it a has a throat of about 19 inches and a depth of cut of about a foot, from memory...

I just stood back the other day and really looked and couldn't believe all the gear everywhere... I don't notice while I'm working in it!

Ok let's see some pics of your workshops then so I don't feel so alone!

woodbloke":3ouhl6ta said:

Hi Woodbloke

Your right about the insulation I was going to do the walls and ceiling but doing the walls would make the workshop even smaller, I may do the ceiling though soon...

All I use for heating at the moment is an oil filled radiator... and yes it does get chilly.

Lee

mailee":7nyzycrz said:
I thought my workshop was cluttered with tools! Now I am not so sure :shock:
Cluttered?! Sheesh, wish my w'shop was so organised. :oops:

C'mon, folks, more of these lovely workshop tours - I love 'em. Nosey, moi...? :whistle:

Cheers, Alf

Hi seaco

You should insulate it as you will not believe the difference that it makes to heating your workshop, I went from three heaters to one when I got it all finished :)

You could line it with 12mm ply so you dont lose much inside :)

Back