Heavy Duty 4" Ducting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rewound

Established Member
Reaction score
We have one of these planer / thicknesser that you have to change the ducting from one side to the other depending on whether thicknessing or planning. The result is this ludicrously expensive 100mm ducting does not last long, it gets damaged, it splits, and there is only so much cling film that you can repair it with,

Is there any "Truly" heavy duty ducting that can be bought, something that can take a bit of abuse and survive?

It's difficult to imagine how flexible ducting can be 'abused'. It's pretty tough stuff. I found mine deteriorating after 12 years, or so, service. The first sign was discolouration and then splitting occurring at highly stressed points. It didn't matter whether it was in a position of regular handling, as in your PT, or in a static situation. So I conclude splitting is basically an age related problem.
Do you have a proper plastic coupling on the end of your flexi-duct? This helps with general wear and tear.
Brian

may be what we bought 2 to 3 years ago was just poor quality, its all splitting, esp so on where it is often moved.

Do you know what make yours is? and if they still make it to the same quality.

I have a Numatic NVD 750 that I bought from Axminster Tools about 7 years ago.....It comes with a 35mm hose and also a 100mm hose.....Both have been used extensively over the years and lasted well and the 100mm hose is really heavy duty!
I can recommend that one.....

Edit.
Mine is Black, but I've just had a look online and the new one now seems to be Blue.....

https://anderson-trade.co.uk/products/numatic-nvh1-100mm-general-purpose-hose
1685527569920.png

Back