Happy New Year!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave S

Established Member
Reaction score
Am I a bit late? :lol:

Came back from our Christmas travels to find the central heating broken down and lots of work hassles so I haven't managed to get on here before now.

Had a great time in Taiwan (we were here in lieu of a summer holiday last year) - spent the Christmas period up in the mountains with some of my in-laws in delightful sunshine.

Once again, I feel like I ate my way around Taiwan - the wide variety of cuisine is amazing. There is the aboriginal cuisine, then the first immigrants from China came from the Fujian province and brought there own cuisine with them. In the late 1940's the retreating army of Chiang-Kai Shek brought with them culinary influences from all parts of China. Overlaid on this are the influences of the Dutch, Portugese and Japanese colonial powers.

The warm, humid climate and rich fertile volcanic soils mean a huge variety of food is produced and eating and talking about food is a hugely important part of Taiwanese life.

If anyone is interested in a selection of the holiday snaps, they can be found here. Tom, I hope it doesn't make you hate me even more!!! :D

Here's just a couple:

Crossing the rope bridge at Baiyang waterfall

A view from the road as we climbed up into the mountains

Taroko Gorge

Cheers
Dave :)

&^£&*£ £^%$& @^$£ ! £$ %^&

ahem. Welcome back Dave! :lol:

Welcome back,Dave - and thanks for sharing the pictures ; scenery looks absolutely beautiful,and some of the buildings are real architectural masterpieces :D

Andrew

Very nice scenery Dave,looks a lovely place to be.
They dont have hills like that in Norfolk :lol: and a happy new year to you.

Latest posts

Back