Gun display rack

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody Alan

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought you might like to see an odball bespoke project for a friend who collects world war one rifles. It involved much measuring counterboring and setting out and difficult return mitres. The finish was the clients insistance I would not have accepted such a high gloss build ...in fact I let him do it himself to save money so very much his choice.
Alan

rack1.jpg

rack2.jpg

rack3.jpg

rack4.jpg

rack5.jpg

rack6.jpg

rack7.jpg

Very nice,Alan,and something a little bit different :D
Whole thing looks good,and particularly like the top rack fastenings (the green colour suits it as well)

Andrew

Presumably they're all decommisioned! :)

Can't imagine having it my place but each to their own I suppose! Nice work though. The foam is neatly done too.

Is that a 'Smelly' SMLE I spy
Sorry mailee I have no knowledge of guns, so cannot help there.
Can't imagine having it my place but each to their own I suppose
Indeed I would have to agree with you there, but it is in his converted garage office not his lounge :)
Oh and yes they are decommissioned (I know you asked tongue in cheek but thought I had better clarify). He did explain in what way, as apparently there is the animalistic heathen way, and the professional way to do it. They will all have their bayonets attached as well. They don't like it up 'em you know!

Alan

If there is any other passion that takes up as much of my time as woodworking its militaria and especially the Lee Enfield family of rifles! Damn you've just combined the two! Lovely rack, simple but classy and even nicer SMLE!! :D :D

By the way, tell your friend that its a piling swivel he needs for the nosecap, he has a sling swivel attached to it at the mo' :p

Back