Geffrye Museum

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark_h

Established Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would let forum members what an enjoyable visit I had to the Geffrye Museum last week - my wife arranged the visit for my 40th. Very interesting and well set out displays of British interiors over the last 400 years. Lots of nice furniture on display to give inspiration to us all!

The museum is in Shoreditch (East London) and its web is http://www.geffrye-museum.org.uk

They have a well stocked bookshop with lots on furniture and design, and the cafe is very good for tea/coffee/lunch.

Well worth seeking this place out if you are visiting London and making the effort to go off the traditional tourist trail.

Also it is free to get in!

Mark

I agree, a great place. Went there several years ago when they had an exhibition of Wales and Wales furniture. An easy bus ride from Liverpool Street station but it is also perfectly walkable did that on the way back.

Jim

The Geffrye Museum is ace and just down the road from me… so predictably I haven't been for years… time to revisit thanks for reminding me!

Yes The Geffrye Museum is quite fascinating and well worth a visit. Last time I visited there was a special exhibition of Windsor chairs and some of film of bodgers. Also if you are in London check out the V& A, The Science Museum, The British Museum, the shops down the Kings Road, Fulham Road, Sloane Square etc, Camden Lock and Covent Garden Markets. Also not far from The Geffrye is Hackney Museum and The Hackney Empire Theatre. Loads inspirational stuff in the capital.

Latest posts

Back