• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FTAGH FS - worn Makita SDS Hammer drill (HR 2450)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redefined_cycles

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all. Not selling as such as it's mistake purchase I made. A used SDS drill and when I've come to use it just now, the hammer action was almost the same as my 18v Milwaukee - possibly missing or I did summat wrong!

I'd guess it needs a good refurb or repair as it's nowehere near as powerful as the one it replaced (now given to my dad). Bought it for an accepted offer on ebay for around £40 and unable to send it back as I'm past the returns window.

Free to a good home but feel free to make a donation (either to my upcoming Syrian orphans project or Pakistan flood relief or maybe to Mcmillan - your choice). I did take a look at the refurb vids on youtube but after opening a few screws I realised it's probably beyond my capacity. If it makes a difference I did give it a dusting and vacuum (with a 15 year old Purdey brush and 2nd hand Miele vacuum if that adds value.

Won't come with thw sds drill bits that are currently in the box (and no it wasn't that I used a cheap worn drill bit... or maybe!). Hopwfully someone will take it and happy for you to pay postage costs or if close by then I could hand over. I get quite far with work!

Attachments

• 20221029_220921.jpg
    20221029_220921.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
These drills are ok for light work and this one does rotary, rotary + hammer or just hammer for use as a chiesel.

Specs for people interested

1667078770309.png

Always put some thick grease inside so lubricates hammer/anvil action.
Have same one had it years loaded up chuck bit when got and still working well

Hi all,
My bad, I didn't realise the location was so far away from me. I will let someone else take this off his hands...

Just a thought have you pushed it hard against the brick?

My DeWalt as a function that allows you to centre your hole and then when you press firmly the hammer action activates.

Just a thought have you pushed it hard against the brick?

My DeWalt as a function that allows you to centre your hole and then when you press firmly the hammer action activates.
Thanks and good point.

Sounds and feels like it's working. But the power just doesn't seem right. Make 2 holes in red brick yesterday but not with the ease I'm used to with an SDS. The drill bit doesn't look worn.

How much do you think postage would be to Woking Surrey please
I would like this for spares for my one if still available

Hi @antoniI can't imagine it being much more than a tenner... I'll try and keep it as low as poss if you like but I do try to use RM as Hermes I've had plenty of poor exp with...

This is still available btw. Would be a shame to chuck it in the bin as the standard drill/hammer functions do seem to work. Just doesn't get much impact dueing the hammering stage into brick/concrete...

Thanks.

This is still available btw. Would be a shame to chuck it in the bin
would be a shame to throw it, I'd happily take it if you weren't the other side of the country from me.

Have you tried freecycle or gumtree? I've given and gotten several items, occasional timewasters, but generally OK

Back