Fitting Floppy Wool Insulation

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratkinsonuk

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a go at fitting some of the insulation in my new shop, which is Knoph 170mm.

I expected it to be fairly rigid, but even a 3 foot length sinks down and falls out of the studwork.

To counteract this, I'm going to put 2 foot strips of board on the walls, which will allow me to slide the insulation behind the boards and not drop out.

However, that's not going to work between the rafters, which will be lined with plasterboard.

The only solution I've come up with so far is to put garden strawberry netting over (or techically under) the insulation as I slide it in, tacking it to the underside of the rafters. This should be thin enough to allow the PB to go straight over the top.

Does this sound OK, or do you know of a better way?

Rob.

I just stapled the insultion to the roof and then pulled most of it back i.e. fluffed it up around the staple, held long enough to get the dampproof membrane up. Might still be held now ?

Alan

i used black 4" wide dpm stapled at both ends and when fitting the last plasterboard pulled the dpm back through dropping the insulation into place
think your idea with the strawberry net will work fine

Back