First pics of library and study

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
As originally seen in this thread https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=122350#122350

Didn't quite finish - probably about two long days short but the clients are very pleased and understood that the delays weren't through lack of effort but more by supplier delays and being messed around by carpet fitters etc taking three days instead of one so that we couldn't get into various rooms.

We certainly put the hours in - my assistant has billed 236 hours since Dec 5th and I worked longer than she did! We'll be back there in Jan to sort out the cornices, edge mouldings, lippings etc.

Anyway here are the pics taken by me late last night - they are poor quality but the client wants to get it professionally photographed and published (which will be nice).

Love to know your thoughts.
Library

lib0005Large-full.jpg

lib0008Large-full.jpg

lib0009Large-full.jpg

lib0010Large-full.jpg

lib0035Large-full.jpg

lib0032Large-full.jpg

lib0034Large-full.jpg

lib0023Large-full.jpg

Study

lib0011Large-full.jpg

lib0012Large-full.jpg

lib0013Large-full.jpg

lib0018Large-full.jpg

lib0021Large-full.jpg

Oh: and this is what we started with:

DSCF0013Large-full.jpg

Not too shabby in 11 weeks I think. Quite weary now though! Happy Christmas to you all.

Cheers

Tim

Wow Tim, what a lovely job. Give your self a pat on the back and a few stiff brandys over Christmas, you deserve it.

Nice One

Mike

Great work Tim :D I bet your pleased with yourself and rightly so .

yep bloody good job.Outta curiousity what materials and finish have you used ?
Your assistent - what type - woodworker or decorator ?

all the best for Crimbo everyone

HS nursing a lame shoulder due to shifting too many
straw bales on my own :(

Tim lad thats a nice looking job. I bet it was a t**t working around the beautifully plumb and square wall's :wink: However that section of scribing round the rough stone is excellent; tres bon nest ce pas :lol:

Tim

Very, very impressive. That colour scheme is unusual but looks great. Good job you're not afraid of heights!

Regards.

Excellent Tim, 11 weeks is a long project, how did you get on with cash flow and was it a profitable job compared to smaller jobs.

I always like big projects, especially at the end when you know it all fits.

Christ - puts my coffee table into perspective - lovely job and the colour scheme that should be wrong just looks so right - and amazing.

Well done - hope you have a teriffic christmas cos you definately earned it.

David

Tim

I cant add much to what has been already said but I will have a go :)

Very Very very nice, people like you and Senior ( to name a few ) give me some thing to work to as I starting to make more new furniture.

Thanks for showing it and have a happy xmas
=D>

Very nice job - not sure about the worktop, it looks unfinished (it may be). The edge detail doesn't match up with the rest of the design. I realise that this is the customers wishes, IMO it doesn't look right.

Many thanks for your kind words. I have only just surfaced from doing nothing for 4 days which was lovely!

There were some questions:

Cashflow wasn't a prob as I take 40% up front and a further 20% halfway through. I have found that in general the bigger the project the more profitable it becomes.

The finish was a Crown acrylic eggshell - haven't got the code with me at the mo and 'Trianon' gilt wax.

The green is quite bright but not as vivid as the flash makes it appear. Also with the books in there will be a lot less green visible so it needed to have some punch to avoid being insipid or black.

Shultzy - as said at the beginning, its not finished.

A couple more pics gives you the scale of the room its sitting in:

lib2-full.jpg

This was taken in the summer from about the same place where the girl is standing in the photo above.

libotherend-full.jpg

Anyway we are off to a wedding tomorrow and then two weeks in Florida (to see my mum for the first time in 4 years!!!). Wishing you all a prosperous New Year - we will be seeing it in wearing mouse ears in the magic kingdom no doubt aghast at the size of some of the folk wandering about.

Cheers

Tim

Latest posts

Back