• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Felder AF14 dust extractor +Fine Filter Cartridge +Manuel Cartridge Cleaner. New

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, for sale is my brand new Felder AF14 plus the optional extra fine cartridge filter and optional extra Manuel cartridge cleaning handle. Never used or even wired up. I bought it to replace another dust extractor but shortly after delivery we've decided to move and unfortunately I won't have a workshop so it must go. Bought at the beginning of June for £1,375, looking for £1200. Kent CT area.
Thanks

tempImageQIXdOZ.jpg
tempImagebaOuYE.jpg
tempImage4l4nVy.jpg
tempImageVEMQNJ.jpg
tempImageobwiTz.jpg

I can not believe your prices over there in England. You must have crazy high import tariffs on goods, that exact unit, brand new at a store here is $ 825.00 or £525.00.. Ive seen this in numerous tools you guys post over there. I realize the going rate new over there is £1,400 but it must be hard to start putting together a kit of tools when any imported tools are so expensive.

I can not believe your prices over there in England. You must have crazy high import tariffs on goods, that exact unit, brand new at a store here is $ 825.00 or £525.00.. Ive seen this in numerous tools you guys post over there. I realize the going rate new over there is £1,400 but it must be hard to start putting together a kit of tools when any imported tools are so expensive.
Uk prices of tools etc from your side of the world always seem to be priced at least in £ per $

Is that for the exact same model and make? There are plenty of cheaper alternatives in the UK but this particular model is approaching the upper end quality-wise.

In Europe, prices include VAT.
It's not the VAT alone. Although I was pretty young back then and this applies to my country, I remember that when VAT was introduced most prices doubled. Except for a few select categories like cars.
I believe that vendors took advantage of the surrounding chaos. And this became our new reality.
Of course for US made large machinery there are the shipping costs that aren't small.
I live in Romania and have been gathering stuff for my shop from all over the world. Here you can't find quality or it's so overpriced that you simply can't afford.
But my point is that having bought stuff from all around, I too noticed that some prices are very high in the UK. Felder for example has a habit of hiding their prices online. But you can still find their prices in Austria or Germany and they are a few hundreds of euro cheaper than the UK. And although the UK left the EU, you kept VAT and it's value is similar or the same. So where does the difference come from? The value of import taxes is low, I don't think anything can explain the price difference, except for some marketing reasons probably.

Apologies for spamming your post.

Back