Epson printing inks Cheetah

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Purchased a set of proprietary Epson cheetah inks last autumn instead of cheap compatibles.

They lasted no longer or anymore prints than if I had purchased cheapos

So its back to compatibles in future at a 75% less cost.

V sign to Epson.

I've heard it said that Epson used to be a printer company and now they're an ink company. Any pop to the shops shows you where their profit comes from (I believe their ink still costs more than gold weight for weight). Admittedly their ink is very good, but if it's that good is always a question. If you're happy with the quality of print then I think you're quids in. The only major issue I see is whether you need your prints to last a very long time.

I bought a set of compatible inks for my Epson, and I went for a very expensive set from America, even these only cost about 20% of the originals.

I have always used epson printers and because I do a lot of printing they have all been fitted with CISS ink systems then I just buy bulk ink and keep refilling the containers, also I use an external ink waste tank and it is surprising how much ink is pumped into it when doing a simple head clean.

cedarwood":2ucclhqr said:
I have always used epson printers and because I do a lot of printing they have all been fitted with CISS ink systems then I just buy bulk ink and keep refilling the containers, also I use an external ink waste tank and it is surprising how much ink is pumped into it when doing a simple head clean.

Ditto.

I use cheetah inks in my Epson sx515. There is a big difference in the compatibles they are dye based where cheetah are pigment based and don't fade as quick in photo's.

my sx5i5 does a head clean each time it is switched on even though I might only want to use the copier, so I lose ink ?

Back