Epson printer inks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickm

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone else had bad recent experience with Epson's own printer inks? I've got a newish genuine Epson black cartridge in my printer, and it keeps clogging the print head. I've complained to Epson, but got the standard "this is how you clean the print head" reply. Which is great for Epson, as cleaning wastes a lot of ink, and a lot of pennies at original cartridge price.
And the b***ers won't recycle their cartridges either.
Methinks it's a Canon next time.

I have a newish epson photostylus D88

I have never and will never buy original ink !

I dont have any problems with the cheap ones on ebay.

Rich

Mines is the D88 plus, I never think forward enough to get new ink before the others run out, resulting in a trip to PC rip off

Epsons, great printers but....
Their print heads/cartridges, whether Epson or another brand (still designed by Epson) are terrible. If I don't use my printer for a week I usually have to use the head cleaning facility (several times) to get them to print or put in new cartridges.

I have never used epsons own, always use compatibles much cheaper that way and very little if any difference in the quality of print.

I've used this crowd for compatibles for a couple of years now

http://www.superinks.co.uk/r300.php

Wouldn't consider buying proper epson cartridges again (although they do those also) as the price difference is ridiculous, and the performance of the compatibles has been faultless.

Cheers, Paul. :D

Never read so much rubbish... :roll: :wink:

If you use printers professionally you will certainly notice the difference when using real Epson paper with real Epson ink. I use the R2400 for client presentations and have never had any problems. In fact most customers don't even realise they are roughs and not from the press.

Epson inks give superb results. I wouldn't trust an aftermarket knock-off or refill as far as I could throw it. But then I actually need light fast/permanent inks and don't mind paying for the best. Client pays anyway :lol: . Problems with the cartridges are nearly always down to infrequent use. Print more!

Don't forget to turn the printer off (at it's own power switch) after use to
"park it" :)

If you can buy a printer for £60 then nearly pay the same again for the first set of cartidges
something's wrong :x

Erm, no - the opposite - they are sold below cost of production, which is hardly a rip-off.

Then they try to make it back on the cartridges once you are locked in, which is why they are very expensive. An unusual business model - but presumably they assume no-one would buy a full-price printer with cheap cartridges rather than the £60 one they still think is a rip-off.

I don't soooo.... much mind paying the full price for Epson cartridges as they do seem to provide better quality for large photo prints (other hobby) compared to the various copies. But they really should not block up the printheads as fast as the recent ones seem to do. Could understand if the printer was being left unused for weeks at a time, but it blocks up if left for more than a couple of days.

Yes i know where your coming from Jake,same with the xbox360.
Loss on consoles ,make up on game's.Thing is a game is £40,then 6 months later because its a bad seller
its down to a tenner!
Who takes the Hit!

It's just because the English economy is indefenceable everybody want's
profit's that are not sustainable!
The next 12 month's is going to be very interesting.

We had whole batches of Epson C86's at work which were fine until changing cartridges then they played up, genuine cartridge or original. We literally had cages full of skipped ones, no exaggeration must have been 30-40 per cage. My personal experience is also not great, more recently I have had two HP's (on the second now) first lasted years, and would not go back to Epson.
just as a balance my mate has a photo Epson and has had no trouble.

Alan

Used Epson since '99 never had a problem. Current machine uses "Durabrite" pigment inks. Painfully expensive but the cheap replacements don't compare.

Regards Tom

Had an Epson which was used infrequently had to clean heads every time drove me nuts. Bought an HP no problem with cartridges just paper jams.

Back