editorial contacts for wood working magazines

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big soft moose

Established Member
Reaction score
As per my other thread ( https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... 846#280846 ) I am currently trying to recruit some workshop volunteers - to this end i would like to send out a press release with a view to getting some editorial coverage in the woodworking press. However i am having great difficulty in finding editorial contact info

For example the GMC website gives links to buy the magazines but doesnt give any address or email for the editors

If anyone could suggest good publications to target and/or could give me contacts for editors then this would be a great help.

Look no further. My new day job is Editor of The Woodworker... I’ll also pass your information on the my colleague, Jonathan Bentman, Editor of Good Woodworking.

You can contact me at: [email protected]

Ralph (AKA Woody)

nice one - I'm going to be out of the office until tuesday but once i get back in i'll ping some info over to you.

I would guess Nick wosisname of Brit wood and his new Mag Living wood would help too

Have you seen the Living Wood mag, Moose ?
Sounds just up your street

Hi BSM
You can also send your info direct to Nick Gibbs [email protected]

How much of the trail is woodland? As well as publishing British Woodworking, he has a brand new mag Living Woods.

I can't speak on Nick's behalf, but I'm sure he'll be interested in what you are doing, whether he can publicize it or not.

Cheers
Steve

Edit - Ooh, Lurker, you sneaked up on me.

many thanks to everyone whose posted here, and/or pm'd me - I'll now be out of the office til friday (car issues :( ) but i will be sorting out my presser as soon as i can once i get back

by the way grinding one - are those magazines you've posted british or american ? I really only need those with a british circulation as i suspect the state may be a tad far away for volunteers ;)

many thanks for the help with this - i'm working on the press release now , having been off work for 4 days with food poisoning.... yuk... :(

one further question - as our workshop work involves a lot of router/routergraph work I would specifically like to get some editorial in "router and powertool magazine" which used to be called "the router"

does anyone have any thoughts on the editorial contacts for that ?

big soft moose":8cq17802 said:
...one further question - as our workshop work involves a lot of router/routergraph work I would specifically like to get some editorial in "router and powertool magazine" which used to be called "the router"

does anyone have any thoughts on the editorial contacts for that ?

I only have a single, oldish issue (73) which may not be up to date but you could try:

Tom Briggs: [email protected] Deputy Editor, or
Karen Scott: [email protected] Editorial Assistant

Failing that just ring GMC and ask!

Back