Easy Cap Help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwaithcoed

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
PA270012.jpg
[/img]
Bought this about 18 months ago and used it to edit my camcorder videos.
It allows me to split the videos into scenes and add transitions in between them. Very easy to use even for a 73 year old computer muppet.

However due to a problem with my computer I had to have it cleared out and Windows reinstalled.

I have now tried to reload the program but the disc wil not load as it appears to have a scratch on it.

Does anyone have this disc that they could make me copy of.

I would of course pay for any cost incured.

Alan

Alan, If you are not successful with a download, I could send you a copy of the disk, if I remember right the download will be newer than the disk.

Bill.

You could try repairing the disk, take a cotton cloth and some liquid Brasso (not the wadding) and give it a good rub. Clean off and then apply some car polish and buff. Try disk to see if it works. If not you can keep trying. This also works for scratches on watch faces

If you have probs downloading it, Bill can make an ISO image and I'll give him access to upload it to my website and you can download it from there. Will save on postage.. :D

I hadn't thought of that I have my own web site with plenty of space I could dump it on to same.

Bill.

There's also a facility called Dropsend on the web and the free signup allows you to upload up to 2gb file and send up to 5 files per month.

http://www.dropsend.com/pricingsignup.php

The other person needs to sign up as well and once uploaded you just send a message to those you want to receive and it is available to be downloaded 10 times over 7 days.

I've used it a lot to distribute and receive files around family members

cheers
Bob

Firstly can I thank everyone for their input to this thread.
However I would ask WCW (Bill) if he would copy and send me a disc.
As I said I am a Muppet when it comes to computers but I do know how to put a disc in and go to autoplay.

Bill I will send you a PM. Hope I am not putting you to a lot of trouble :oops: :oops: :oops:

Alan.

Ironballs":1pzasvaz said:
You could try repairing the disk, take a cotton cloth and some liquid Brasso (not the wadding) and give it a good rub. Clean off and then apply some car polish and buff. Try disk to see if it works. If not you can keep trying. This also works for scratches on watch faces

It does indeed work, BUT, always try to rub radially rather than circumferentially. I've had only partial success with DVDs and failure with X-box ones (but the damage was huge).

On all of these storage media, the label side is the vulnerable part. if the see-through side is scuffed, as long as you can polish it reasonably flat, it should work. Scrapes on the label side cannot be repaired.

Also try to keep Brasso etc. off the outer edge, as it can attack the aluminium coating (the mirrored surface) on commercial CDs.

Dura-Glit metal-polishing wadding also works (my personal favourite), and T-cut. In all cases, use gentle pressure, and make sure there's no grit or lumps of abrasive trapped, ere you make matters worse.

You can wash CDs quite safely before and after - lukewarm water and cheap liquid soap work well (avoid washing-up liquid).

Bit late, but might still be helpful.

E.

Latest posts

Back